Other/Miscellaneous > Off-Topic Discussion

Comedy Films! (& TV)

(1/8) > >>

Jed Cooper:
As much as I enjoy action movies, comedy is probably my favorite movie genre.  Laughing is one of the best experiences in the world, especially when shared with others.  The films below aren't the greatest of all time by any means, but a few of my favorites by Jim Carrey.  I remember how popular they became upon release and watching Carrey's stardom skyrocket during this time.

Jim Carrey is one of my favorite comedic actors.  He's done a handful of other very good comedies since these but I also enjoyed The Truman Show very much.  Of course, the Eastwood connection is his appearance in The Dead Pool.

Some recent classics I enjoy are Smokey & The Bandit, Stir Crazy, Young Frankenstein and Eastwood's "Which Way" comedies.  To go back even further, another favorite is Jerry Lewis.  Hard to top his zaniness!  He's done a lot of funny movies with Dean Martin and on his own.  I enjoyed watching the Abbott & Costello tv show when I was younger and have always enjoyed watching The Three Stooges and thought the new movie was great.

davytriumph:

"Frasier" (1993-2004)  ALL the way for me.  I will never tire of this series.  Everyone a winner.

Kelsey Grammer and David Hyde Pierce.  What a class act.

Rawhide7:
Here are some of my favorites:

Vacation
Christmas Vacation
Summer Rental
What About Bob
Step Brothers

Threes Company Tv show
That show is very funny

Jed Cooper:

--- Quote from: davytriumph on April 18, 2013, 06:37:32 AM ---

"Frasier" (1993-2004)  ALL the way for me.  I will never tire of this series.  Everyone a winner.

Kelsey Grammer and David Hyde Pierce.  What a class act.

--- End quote ---

Yes, very funny program! 

Jed Cooper:

--- Quote from: Rawhide7 on April 18, 2013, 08:29:24 AM ---Here are some of my favorites:

Vacation
Christmas Vacation
Summer Rental
What About Bob
Step Brothers

Threes Company Tv show
That show is very funny

--- End quote ---

I enjoyed the Vacation movies, except for the last one.  I also liked Summer Rental and What About Bob but haven't seen Step Brothers yet.  I've heard it's very funny.

I loved watching Three's Company when it aired and watched the reruns for a while, too.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version