News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Number of movies you have seen  (Read 1648 times)
antonis
Member Extraordinaire

I'm afraid you have misjudged me...

View Profile Email
« on: September 27, 2013, 12:56:22 PM »

Don't know if there is a similar topic...

Anyway I'd like to know the number of films you have seen in your entirely life (approximately)

a MAN has got to know his public's expectations...
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2013, 01:21:32 PM »

In the past ten years I've kept a spreadsheet updated on the films I've seen and it currently stands at around 3,800.

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
antonis
Member Extraordinaire

I'm afraid you have misjudged me...

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2013, 01:25:58 PM »

In the past ten years I've kept a spreadsheet updated on the films I've seen and it currently stands at around 3,800.

Likewise.

4,200 so far

a MAN has got to know his public's expectations...
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2013, 04:23:49 PM »

I currently have 1,694 movies rated on IMDb, but that's by no means everything I've seen. I've been a member on IMDb for 12 years and have been in the habit of rating movies as I see them for most of that time (back when I first registered, I rated a bunch of movies, but soon decided I'd just rate movies as I watched them).
LCat
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2013, 08:09:34 PM »

I used to remember movies from the time I was 2--That's right, 2! But I had to stop counting because there's just too much info in this world to know.

I will add, though, that there was a time in my life, decades ago, when I saw 3 films a week, every week--I could have been a movie critic, or a judge for Academy Awards, something like that.

LCat

Goals are Great!
Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2013, 06:18:45 AM »

I have no idea how many movies I have seen. There is a lot of years between the first one "Snow White" when I was about 5 and "Hours" yesterday.  I do tend to watch older movies that I missed when they were first released. Our local cinema only shows a few latest releases so often there is no chance of seeing some great movies. Unless I travel about a 100 mile round trip. I will only do that for Clint Eastwood and Hugh Jackman.  ;)
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2013, 06:49:58 AM »

Wow, great topic.  Hundreds, definitely.  I'll be 47 next month and I've seen more than my fair share of them.  I think one of the first movies I recall seeing is Wizard Of Oz on tv.  Another is Planet Of The Apes.  Wow, just going on the series I've seen they add up:  Planet Of The Apes, Star Trek, Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Lord Of The Rings, Superman (plus most of the superhero movies & series), Rocky, Dirty Harry, the Eastwood/Leone western trilogy, Death Wish, Die Hard, Shrek, Toy Story, Ice Age (plus most similar CGI animated films) and I'm sure there's more I can't think of right now.

Right now I'm enjoying sharing the Christopher Reeve Superman series with my kids.  I've come to the conclusion that the opening credits and theme are the greatest cinematic combination ever.  There are lots of great themes, like Star Wars, Rocky, Star Trek and Indiana Jones but Superman is the only one that I truly enjoy both the opening credits and music together.  I'm only speaking of the first in each series.  Most reuse the same theme but Star Trek did not and that initial film score is still my favorite of that series and was reused to launch Star Trek: The Next Generation.

But I digress...  There's a lot of actors' films I've seen that I couldn't possibly recount here but a of favorites by John Wayne, James Cagney, Jason Statham, Stallone, Schwarzenegger and Charles Bronson.  Also, Meryl Streep and Sandra Bullock.   

“Eyuh.”
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T