News: Now showing in theaters: CRY MACHO, directed by and starring Clint Eastwood!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: My 15 minutes of fame? Don't worry, I won't egg your house!  (Read 950 times)
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« on: January 16, 2014, 01:18:57 PM »

I just received email notification of this posting to the Elvis Insiders Club Community Board.  I'm not posting this in the Elvis thread because I want to share this openly and that goal won't be achieved by posting there.  Unfortunately, you have to be a member to view it in it's entirety.  I've been back and forth over the years but this pretty much sums up my feelings as a fan.  I feel the same way about the original Star Trek tv series and movies and a lot of Clint Eastwood's films.  The Beatles may be more popular, Star Wars may be more cool and there are better actors out there but for me Elvis, Star Trek and Clint Eastwood have been favorites for decades and nothing will ever change that.  The photo is fairly recent, taken last summer on my friend's motorcyle.   

Elvis Fan Story: Brian Cooper

I became an Elvis fan as a result of the media blitz surrounding his passing. His image was all over the place; TV, radio, newspapers and magazines. Upon hearing "Hound Dog" as the opening song for an advertisement for a double album of his greatest hits on television, I was hooked and had to hear more! I’m a fan of most of his Elvis’ work but his 50’s material is my favorite because it’s the most fun, energetic and exciting. I’ve been to Graceland & Sun Studios twice and to his birthplace in Tupelo once. Through a fanzine, I developed a friendship overseas in Romania that has lasted over 22 years. I was too young to catch him on tour but I’ve seen the virtual concert now known as "Elvis Presley - On Stage" four times; twice each in New York at Radio City Music Hall and Mohegan Sun in Connecticut. These days I enjoy passing on my appreciation of Elvis’ music to my kids Nicholas and Nina and they enjoy his songs very much. It never ceases to amaze me that Elvis is still the most successful solo recording artist of all time. I can’t explain why, but I love hearing and singing along to his music whenever possible. Unlike other musicians, he never publicly proclaimed himself “The King” but he was, is and always will be! Thankyouverymuch!

I'm only posting the source for anybody mildly curious about this site but please be advised that you do have to be a member of the Insiders Club to view anything related.   source:  Elvis.com 

“Eyuh.”
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T