News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: HELP (advice on buying a poster wanted)  (Read 2971 times)
Tigersgirl007

View Profile Email
« on: February 14, 2014, 11:38:57 AM »

Hi, im hoping that someone can help me please. I'm looking to buy a Clint Eastwood poster as a special birthday present. I'm interested in buying a UK Quad 30 x 40 inch linen backed poster of  Fist Full of Dollars which someone is selling for £899 - ive no idea if this is way too much for this poster or it's about right. Any help/advice will be very much appreciated. Thank you.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 07:51:55 PM by KC » Logged
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2014, 07:53:00 PM »

Hi Tigersgirl007, and welcome to the Eastwood Web Board. I edited your post to make it clearer what you wanted help with ... I hope you don't mind!

We have a few poster experts on the Board and I'm sure they'll be able to advise you. :)
Tigersgirl007

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2014, 01:42:23 AM »

great thank you very much
mike siegel

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2014, 04:53:46 AM »

Well that one is hard to come by. It sells for $300-$600 here and there, 700 pounds is a high price. A gallery price that certain customers pay, who do want it right away and don't want to search for months...
davytriumph
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2014, 05:30:24 AM »

Well that one is hard to come by. It sells for $300-$600 here and there, 700 pounds is a high price. A gallery price that certain customers pay, who do want it right away and don't want to search for months...

I agree with Mike here.  £899 is a gallery price.  I would expect to pay no more than £350-£400 for that title.  If you are not in a hurry to buy, then I would suggest that you keep checking good old eBay and other movie poster auction sites.

I will keep a look out for one and post here if I come across one.

Good luck
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 01:15:12 AM by davytriumph » Logged

"Theres three dollars, including the tip"
Tigersgirl007

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2014, 01:35:42 AM »

Thank you im glad I found this site as very good advice. I'm kind of reluctant to go on ebay as nervous that the seller may not have the original poster as claimed to be, so if you spot this poster with any other dealers at a reasonable price please let me know, many thanks again for the help/advice.
mike siegel

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2014, 03:11:41 AM »

Well the one for $650.- at eBay is from a respected seller, a pioneer in movie memorabilia :)
But the condition isn't that great. Then again 'wear' shows it IS original :)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T