News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Clint at 84: Anybody know what excercises he does now?  (Read 2884 times)
Rawhide7
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« on: June 13, 2014, 11:42:26 AM »

Just curious what excercises Clint does at the age of 84?  I wonder if he still lifts weights and runs?  I know we've had discussions about this before.  But wondering what he does at 84 to stay in such great physical shape.
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2014, 12:43:06 PM »

I feel like he's probably doing pretty much the same thing that he's always done. Exercise is pretty much the same no matter how old you are. Exercise for healthful living is a combination of cardiovascular exercise for the heart and weight bearing exercises to build and maintain muscle. Now that he's older, I'm sure that he's doing much less weight than he did in his younger days, but I doubt his actual exercise routine has changed that significantly.
Rawhide7
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2014, 11:56:49 AM »

Thanks,

I know he plays a lot of golf.  And have read that he is really strict about his diet, which I believe he is a vegetarian.  And at the age of 84 he looks in tremendous shape.  I know in the past he did alot of running and lifting weights.  But my guess would be that walking takes the place of running.  Cant see him running at 84 now.  And he may be lifting weights still but much lighter weights.  I would'nt think he's still doing strenous tough excercises anymore.  But it's still interesting to know what he does to stay in such great shape at the age of 84.
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2014, 01:06:58 PM »

I don't think Clint is a vegetarian. I've seen it written that he was, but I've never actually heard him confirm this. In fact, when he is asked about it, he says that he is not. He says that he limits his consumption of red meat, and other saturated fats, but otherwise eats a varied diet. 

I don't think it's really that mysterious why Eastwood is healthy at 84. I know his Dad died young, but his mother lived until 97, and genes have a huge influence on aging and life expectancy. In addition to that,  he's been exercising for decades, and seems to eat a pretty heart healthy diet. In my opinion, good health is really not that complex. Some people have a poor family history, which makes things more challenging, but the reason that many people are not healthy is because they eat the wrong things, are usually overweight, and don't exercise. Clint has none of these problems. He's had a healthy lifestyle for decades.

If you want to know about the successful formula for being healthy, just ask KC! She's been running for as long as I've been a member of the board, and while she's nowhere near Clint's age, she's also not in her twenties either ;) She's been around awhile, and knows what to do too. I'm sure she could teach us all a thing or two about healthful living :)
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2014, 10:01:41 AM »

There was a recent article in the Sunday Morning Herald, which I believe has been posted about in another thread, but an excerpt from the piece describes Eastwood's exercise routine these days. It's pretty similar to what I suggested it was, but since it answers Rawhide's questions, I thought it was worthy of a post in this thread:

Being away from home messes with Eastwood's exercise regime – half an hour on the elliptical machine in the morning, some weights in the evening, plenty of stretching and daily meditation – but he finds ways to keep fit. "[Actor] Bradley [Cooper] and all those guys were training to put on weight and I was just training to stay in existence," he says.

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/movies/straight-shooter-jersey-boys-director-clint-eastwood-84-and-going-strong-20140624-zsivl.html
Westernfan

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2015, 03:58:11 AM »

When I first saw The Rookie I remember being shocked at how great and buffed and pumped he looked in that movie.

I'm a bodybuilding fanatic and can appreciate the work one does have to put in to get that kind of look.

Clint was into bodybuilding for the most part of his life, was he not ?
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T