News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Really miss Lin!  (Read 3765 times)
Rawhide7
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« on: November 11, 2014, 08:59:22 PM »

I really miss having Lin here on this site.  She seemed like a really good person who had a lot of great things to say here on this site.  She was always very kind to me. I wish she didnt leave!  And I really really hope that KC and SK stay on here.  This site is a really awesome site and I really enjoy coming on here and talking about my favorite actor with some really great people!  And for me it would be really devastating if KC and SK left.  I really appreciate everything yall do here on this site.  Both of you are really awesome people!  I just hope neither of you ever leave!

Thanks

R7
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2014, 10:14:13 PM »

Thanks, R7. I'm sure we all miss Lin. I wish there were something someone could do to persuade her to return!
Gant
Member Extraordinaire

You gotta be durable...real durable. Most ain't

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2014, 03:50:09 AM »

It's a helluva thing leaving the board Lin..
Please come back.... I'll burn you more blues cd's... :)

Borderline burnout with questionable social skills
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2014, 07:52:33 AM »

I think it's always really sad when a long-time member leaves, but I honestly didn't understand why Lin left the board. I could understand leaving if you felt personally disrespected by members here on the board, but Lin was always treated respectfully here and her posts were valued. She generally seemed to be unhappy with other people's posts, and seemed to allow those posts to poison her own experience here. To me, it doesn't make sense to allow the posting styles of other members and conflicts promoted by other members to sour the positive aspects the board offers for me as an individual. Rather than leaving the board over something like this, I think it would generally be better if posters who didn't enjoy certain posts or tired of the promotion of petty conflicts to simply ignore posts that they don't enjoy, and focus on the posts that they do. Allowing the actions of other members to affect your own enjoyment of the board seems to me to be misguided. It's unfortunate that Lin felt that she had to react in that way. I hope that she is doing well. 
-satu-
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2015, 12:16:20 PM »

Lin's gone? 😦 oh.. Did she say she was going? How sad for CEWB to lose her.

Could anyone else have seen the beauty of it?
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2015, 12:20:30 PM »

Yes, Lin has left us. You can read her explanation here:

http://www.clinteastwood.org/forums/index.php?topic=9943.0

It was a very sad day for the CEWB.
_Clintan_

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2015, 08:01:37 PM »

What was the argument between two members she mentioned? I've never seen any real hostility displayed between members here over the years.

Rawhide7
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2015, 09:25:54 PM »

What was the argument between two members she mentioned? I've never seen any real hostility displayed between members here over the years.

Yes I agree Ive never read any real hostility hear on this site either.  I mean I have seen some disagreements between members but I didnt see it as all that bad.  I mean everybody has there own opinions.  But it had to be something bad for Lin to leave like that.
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2015, 10:57:56 PM »

Some of the things that have sometimes gone on here might seem really, really tedious to a Mod, even if there's not a lot of overt hostility expressed. I don't like to speak for Lin, but I think she just got tired of dealing with it when her life is so full of things she would rather be doing.
philo
Member Extraordinaire

"Slightly advanced"

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2015, 10:47:24 AM »

Well I'm not here all that often but do like to stop by for a quick catch up from time to time.
I'm sorry to hear this too and will drop Lin an email as we have lost touch (apart from a brief hello on here a while back)
Best to everyone
Philo.

"I won't be hitting you with my face"
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2015, 03:10:36 PM »

Nice to hear from you, Philo! :)
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2015, 03:01:52 PM »

Some of the things that have sometimes gone on here might seem really, really tedious to a Mod, even if there's not a lot of overt hostility expressed. I don't like to speak for Lin, but I think she just got tired of dealing with it when her life is so full of things she would rather be doing.

Yes, and as a Mod, you can't ignore posts (like AKA suggested). It would have been so much better if she had resigned as a Mod and enjoyed the board as a member. There are friends here that it's a shame to lose, and it's one of the friendliest boards on the Internet. A shame, really.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T